• Director of the Surgical Department of the Ligurian Clinical Institute of High Specialty - ICLAS of Rapallo (today)• Freelancer at the Montallegro Clinic of Genoa (today)
• Director of Complex Structure at the Niguarda Ca 'Granda Hospital in Milan (2008-2014)• Director of Complex Structure at the S. Martino Hospital of Genoa (2000-2008)• Director of Complex Structure at the S. Chiara Hospital of Trento (1997-2000)• Co-responsible help - Level I Manager - Responsible for the organizational-functional module "Immunological follow-up and monitoring of patients undergoing cardiac, single lung and after and heart-lung transplantation" at the IRCCS Policlinico S. Matteo in Pavia (1986-1997) ...
• Arrhythmia surgery
Positions in public associations
• Responsible for the multicenter study PROCIDA for the study of mitral and tricuspid repair at the ICLAS (2016)• Principal investigator for research aimed at "Ex vivo preservation of the heart for transplantation" (2013)
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Italian Society of Cardiac Surgery (2012-2014)• Co-chairman of the National Project of Innovative Research "VAR" for the study of aortic bicuspidia (2012)• National Coordinator of the "Coronary" international project dedicated to the comparative evaluation of on-pump and off-pump coronary surgery (2008-2012)• Head of the clinical section of the "Virtual patological heart" project (VPH2) for the Lombardy Region and the Niguarda Hospital (2008-2011)• Co-chairman and chairman of the Surgical Area of the National Association of Hospital Cardiologists - ANMCO (2005-2011)• President of the North-West Area of the Italian Society of Cardiac Surgery (2004-2006)• Director, board of Directors of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (2001-2004) ...
• Head of Cardiosurgery for the 3rd year of Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Milan Bicocca (2012-present)• Adjunct professor for the integrative course of Cardiosurgery of Scompenso at the University of Insubria of Varese (2012-present)
• Contract Professor of Cardiac Surgery at the School of Specialty in Cardiology of the University of Milan Bicocca (2012)• Adjunct professor of the integrative course "The surgery of decompensation" at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, School of Specialization in Cardiac Surgery, University of Pavia (2006-2011)• Adjunct Professor of the integrative course "Heart transplant" within the teaching of Cardiac Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, School of Specialization in Cardiac Surgery, University of Genoa (2001-2009)• Adjunct professor of the integrative course "Cardiac transplantation techniques" in the teaching "Surgical therapy and operating technique of heart diseases and large vessels" at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, School of Specialization in Cardiac Surgery, of University of Pavia (1994-1997)• Adjunct Professor of the integrative courses "Transplantation of endothoracic organs" and "Surgical technique of cardiac transplants" at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, School of Specialization in Surgery, University of Pavia (1992-1997) ...
• Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Pavia (1974)• Specialization in Surgery at the University of Pavia (1979)
• Specialization in Cardioangiosurgery at the University of Turin (1982)• Specialization in Thoracic Surgery at the University of Pavia (1987)• Authorization for Cardiac Collection and Transplantation (1985)• Authorization for Blood-Sampling Withdrawal and Transplantation (1988)• Appointed Professor of Cardiosurgery at the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Pavia from the Faculty Council (1991)• Authorization for Blood Collection and Transplantation (1992) ...
Publications and conferences
• Author of over 500 scientific publications in national and international journals• Participation as organizer in numerous scientific meetings (courses, congresses, conferences) in Italy and abroad
• Member of the editorial board of the following scientific journals:
Journal of heart and lung transplantation
Italian journal of cardiology
Journal of cardiovascular medicine
Monaldi Archives of Chest Diseases
*Translated with Google translator. We apologize for any imperfection
Patient reviews Prof. Luigi Martinelli
Would you recommend this doctor?
Friendliness of the staff
All reviews are from patients verified by Top Doctors.
Source: All information contained on this page as well as office hours available, are provided directly by the doctor who has the ability to update them at all times in order to keep the information as accurate as possible.
This website uses its own and third-party cookies to collect information in order to improve our services, to show you advertising related to your preferences, as well as to analyse your browsing habits..
You can enable or disable according to the purposes:
Accept all the Cookies
Techniques: Those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist within.
Analytics: Those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked.
Behavioural advertising: Those that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.